We all know the power that music can have to support learning in the Early Years but here's some evidence to back up our claims!
- Why is music-making so important in early years learning and how can we positively link to the EYFS framework?
Music in the Round's Soundplay project with 2-5 year olds explores and demonstrates why.
- A fascinating report evaluating the use of digital media in EY music sessions - find the report here or have a look at the key findings
- What if every child had access to music education from birth?
- This video from LEYMN's Conference in March 2014 illustrates the importance of Music and Movement in the Early Years:
- Youth Music Network Members suggest useful links to academic research on music-making in the Early Years
- Mary Fawcett explains why Music Matters in the Early Years
Stay in touch
Music in the Round is an Arts Award supporter. Find out more here.