Music in the Round signs up to Keychange Pledge with the PRS Foundation
Music in the Round has signed up to the Keychange initiative founded by the PRS Foundation. Keychange is a movement that takes action to empower talented underrepresented genders, working towards an inclusive future where all voices are heard. We are now one of over 400 music organisations across Europe that have pledged to achieve gender balance by 2022.
Music in the Round pledges to:
- Aim for at least a 50:50 gender balance in line up of each season of concerts in South Yorkshire and the annual Sheffield Chamber Music Festival
- Aim for at least a 50:50 gender balance in commissioning composers
- Aim for at least a 50:50 gender balance of Board members
- Aim for at least a 50:50 gender balance of senior staff
- Aim for at least a 50:50 gender balance of any freelance artistic or admin appointments
We see signing up to Keychange as part of Music in the Round’s ambition to become a more inclusive organisation. Building on our current Bridge scheme that supports young emerging musicians from Black, Asian and ethnically diverse backgrounds, these Keychange pledges demonstrate our aims to achieve better gender balance and inclusivity for gender minorities in the music sector.
Find out more at www.keychange.eu
ENSEMBLE 360 LIVE-STREAM
Please support our live-stream by donating online or by text message. Find out more here.
Stay in touch
Music in the Round is an Arts Award supporter. Find out more here.